Interested in learning more about a career in PR?
Are you a junior or senior in college looking for a challenge from your internship experience? Do you thrive in a fast-paced work environment? Looking to get more than just college credit from an internship? Then WordWrite Communications is looking for you as an intern!
WordWrite Communications LLC, one of Pittsburgh’s fastest-growing public relations agencies, employs a unique model of public relations to tell its clients’ great, untold stories.
To be considered for this internship, you must:
In return WordWrite will:
- Be a junior or senior majoring in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, writing or a related course of study — please note: our internship program is open to undergraduate students only.
- Commit to a flexible schedule coordinated with the WordWrite internship coordinator
- Have a true interest in inbound marketing and the HubSpot platform
- Have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office with literacy in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have real experience in social media (having managed a Facebook fan page and/or Twitter page for a client or class project)
- Knowledge of Hootsuite a plus
- Demonstrate knowledge of PR fundamentals and the ability to put PR skills to use
- Be proactive, and not afraid to suggest ideas or jump in to projects
- Have excellent writing skills and a knowledge of AP Style
- Be detail oriented
- Be able to work independently
- Present a professional appearance
- Provide transportation and parking at our downtown office
- Bring a strong curiosity and a deep hunger to learn
- Dreamweaver, Photoshop and/or design experience a plus
- Introduce you to a PR agency with both B2B and B2C clients
- Give you the opportunity to work on real client projects
- Provide the opportunity to do it all: media list building, event planning, social media implementation and monitoring, media relations, web site building and more!
- Work with you to structure your assignments to meet your educational requirements and help you meet all of your educational reporting requirements
- Give you regular, hands-on professional development help from our senior staff, including participation in regional networking events and meetings
- Enable you to work in a fun, fast-paced learning environment
- Provide flexible start and end dates
- Part-time, paid internship experience
Think you have what it takes? Take these steps to make it happen! First, get smart on everything WordWrite by using our website, following us on Twitter and LinkedIn, liking us on Facebook and subscribing to our blog. Then, send a resume and cover letter to Louis Spanos (email@example.com). We're always looking for bright students to join our team.